The Central Florida Development Council is seeking a high quality professional to join the team as a marketing assistant.
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for implementing and monitoring the CFDC’s Marketing and Social Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase business recruitment.
This position is responsible for tactically executing plans and strategies to ensure that the organization’s website, social media, collateral and other communications achieve our goal to promote Polk County as Florida’s best place for business.
Candidate should be task-oriented, resourceful, energetic and organized.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the development, implementation and management of organization’s marketing and social media strategy
- Assist with development of marketing and advertising materials (some graphic development desired)
- Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Copy writing and editing
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Generate content, edit and maintain social media content (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Measure the success of social media campaigns
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Full time position
- Minimum of 1-year marketing/brand management
- Social media savvy, understanding social media strategy for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with wordpress web design and publishing
- Bright, upbeat, positive attitude, energetic and must have strong communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Good time-management and multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Polk County resident or willing to relocate to Polk County within 6 months
- Reports to Director of Engagement
- Annual salary range is $30,0000 to $32,000 plus benefits
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Lindsay Zimmerman firstname.lastname@example.org