Join the CFDC Team
The Central Florida Development Council is hiring. Learn more about joining a team working to grow Polk County’s economic prosperity.
The Graphic Design & Social Media Specialist is responsible for designing print and digital marketing materials, implementing strategy, and monitoring Central Florida Development Council’s brand, personality, tone, look and voice across platforms and design projects.
This part-time position leads content development, creating supporting media imagery and design to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase business recruitment. Candidate should be task-oriented, resourceful, energetic and organized. This position requires the ability to provide project updates, meet deadlines, and manage expectations.
- Assist with the development, implementation and facilitation of the organization’s marketing and social media strategy
- Design print and digital marketing and advertising materials
- Edit photography and design files for social media platforms
- Facilitate website content development
- Copy writing and editing
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Generate content, edit and maintain social media content
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Utilize platform reporting tools to review advertising and social media performance and make necessary adjustments to meet organizational goals
- Utilize CMS and other analytics programs to monitor website performance
- Minimum of 1-year marketing, graphic design and/or social media experience
- Social media savvy, understanding social media strategy for brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other relevant social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with wordpress web design and publishing
- Bright, upbeat, positive attitude, energetic and must have strong communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Good time-management and multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Salary commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.