Small businesses that can show they were impacted by COVID-19 are eligible to apply for assistance through the Polk CARES Small Business Relief Grant Program.
A call center available to answer questions regarding Polk County’s CARES Program will be available from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
The call center telephone number is (863) 298-7500.
Funding levels are as follows:
- $2,000 for those who are self-employed or 1 employee
- $5,000 for businesses with 2 – 9 employees
- $10,000 for businesses with 10 – 25 employees.
Small business applicants must attest they:
- Were negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Have the authority to apply for this grant on behalf of the business
- Will use the grant funds for authorized business expenses only
- Will apply for a Polk County Business Tax Receipt if not registered with the Polk County Tax Collector
- Plan to resume normal operations after emergency guidelines are lifted
- Shall cooperate with Polk County or appropriate officials for grant auditing purposes
The following documents are required for business to participate in the Polk CARES Business Relief Fund.
- Completed and signed W-9
- Valid state issued photo ID
- Copy of active state business registration from Florida Division of Corporations or a Polk County Business Tax Receipt or a city issued business tax receipt
- For businesses with 2 to 25 employees, W3 Summary or IRS Form 941 prior to February 15, 2020
- Information to estimate your company’s average monthly business expenses before February 15, 2020
Funds will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis until the allocation is gone. The county has until December 30, 2020 to use this grant.
Apply online here.
Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions.