Small businesses that can show they were impacted by COVID-19 are eligible to apply for assistance through the Polk CARES Small Business Relief Grant Program.
A call center available to answer questions regarding Polk County’s CARES Program will be available from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday.
The call center telephone number is (863) 298-7500.
Funding levels are as follows:
- $2,000 for those who are self-employed or 1 employee
- $5,000 for businesses with 2 – 9 employees
- $10,000 for businesses with 10 – 25 employees.
Small business applicants must attest they:
- Were negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Have the authority to apply for this grant on behalf of the business
- Will use the grant funds for authorized business expenses only
- Will apply for a Polk County Business Tax Receipt if not registered with the Polk County Tax Collector
- Plan to resume normal operations after emergency guidelines are lifted
- Shall cooperate with Polk County or appropriate officials for grant auditing purposes
The following documents are required for business to participate in the Polk CARES Business Relief Fund.
- Completed and signed W-9
- Valid state issued photo ID
- Copy of active state business registration from Florida Division of Corporations or a Polk County Business Tax Receipt or a city issued business tax receipt
- For businesses with 2 to 25 employees, W3 Summary or IRS Form 941 prior to February 15, 2020
- Information to estimate your company’s average monthly business expenses before February 15, 2020
The Polk CARES Small Business Relief Grant Program application is now closed. The final day to submit an application for small business assistance was 11:59 p.m. on Friday, July 17, 2020.
Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions.