The Central Florida Development Council hosted the Polk Goes Global VI webinar on May 5, 2021.
With a focus on Global Talent and International Education, this webinar highlighted the significance of global education to companies recruiting talent, Polk County graduates who are now involved with international business and shared information about Polk State College’s collaboration with Instituto Tecnológico de Mérida.
This year’s event featured keynote speaker Sandra Campbell of the Tampa Bay Export Assistance Center and the following panelists:
- Dr. Charles Shieh, Webber International University
- Kimberly Simpson, Polk State College
- Dr. Michael Weber, Florida Southern College
- Joshua M. Burgin, European Academy of Diplomacy – Germany
- David Shuff, MTU Maintenance – Germany
- Jamie Burgin, Abiomed – Germany
- Dr. Alejandro Espinosa, Instituto Tecnológico de Mérida
- Dr. Herb Nold, Polk State College
Click the links below to view guest presentations:
- International Education Connection
- Instituto Tecnologico de Merida Collaboration with Polk State College
If you have an interest in getting more involved, Polk State College is seeking individuals to serve on its Global Initiatives Advisory Board. Please email Kim Simpson at KSimpson@polk.edu indicating your interest.