DIVE INTO DATA
Polk County is an economically diverse region, coexistent with the Lakeland-Winter Haven Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). The 232,000 households account for $12.8 billion in annual income and $18.7 billion in total economic activity. The Lakeland-Winter Haven MSA was in the top quartile for economic growth.
Polk County Demographic and Market Data
Polk County, Florida is situated along the I-4 corridor in Central Florida between Tampa and Orlando. As a statistical area it is known as the Lakeland-Winter Haven Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA).
- US Census Bureau QuickFacts: Polk County
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Lakeland / Winter Haven MSA
- Chmura JobsEQ Economic Overview: Polk County
- Florida Chamber’s Florida Scorecard
- SVN Saunders Ralston Dantzler Annual Market Report – 2021
The reports below are prepared by Jim Farrell, Ph.D., CFA, Florida Southern College.
- Demographics Analysis for Polk County 2022
- Polk County Economy at a Glance 2022
- Economic Base Analysis 2022
- Shift Share Analysis of Employment and Wages for Polk County 2022
Polk County Industry Data by JOBSEQ
With over 2,000 square miles of diverse landscape, Polk County is a prime location for businesses in manufacturing, logistics, distribution, research & technology, medical services, agriculture, business services and others to call home.
- Publix Super Markets – 13,701 employees
- Polk County School Board – 13,363 employees
- Lakeland Regional Health – 5,888 employees
- Walmart – 5,523 employees
- Amazon.com – 5,000 employees
- City of Auburndale Demographic Profile
- City of Bartow Demographic Profile
- City of Davenport Demographic Profile
- Town of Dundee Demographic Profile
- City of Eagle Lake Demographic Profile
- City of Fort Meade Demographic Profile
- City of Frostproof Demographic Profile
- City of Haines City Demographic Profile
- Village of Highland Park Demographic Profile
- Town of Hillcrest Heights Demographic Profile
- City of Lake Alfred Demographic Profile
- Town of Lake Hamilton Demographic Profile
- City of Lakeland Demographic Profile
- City of Lake Wales Demographic Profile
- City of Mulberry Demographic Profile
- City of Polk City Demographic Profile
- City of Winter Haven Demographic Profile
Economic Development Activity Reports
The reports below offer a snapshot of the Central Florida Development Council’s economic development activities undertaken to promote Polk County (Lakeland / Winter Haven Metropolitan Statistical Area / MSA) as Florida’s best place for business, advocate for key business issues, facilitate collaborative partnerships and advance strategic initiatives. The reports detail projects, events, accomplishments and successes of the CFDC, its board of directors and investor members as the organization strives to develop inclusive community prosperity in Polk County.
Fiscal Year 2021-2022